Understanding User Roles
You can give users specific roles which allow access to different functions of the Church Online Platform
Types of User Roles
1. No Role
- These are your attenders. Each user who signs up on your site will default to having no role. This user will be able to save their nickname for later use and will only be able to view the guest experience.
- Hosts are users who help lead in and engage attenders in your Service. When logged in they will have access to the Host Tools.
- Host can also moderate chat messages by muting users, deleting individual messages. They can also start 1-on-1 conversations with attenders. They do this by tapping on an individual message.
- Hosts will be able to receive and respond to Live Prayer requests.
- Hosts are able to post Moments into the Public Chat.
- Hosts do not have access to the admin.
- Admins have all the permissions of Hosts.
- Admins can access and modify all settings in the Admin.
- Admins cannot assign the role of Owner to any user or modify Owner's roles.
- Owners have all the permissions of Admins and Hosts.
- Owners are the only ones who can assign the role of Owner to other users.
- Owners have the ability to request the account be terminated.
Changing a user's role.
To edit a user's role, go into the Admin and click on the "Users" tab.
- Find and click on the user you want to update. You can search for users by Nickname, Full Name, Email, or Role.
- Click the "Role" field to view all role options and select the role you want to assign.
- Click "Save".