Streaming with YouTube
LiveStream with YouTube Live
You can utilize YouTube Live as your streaming provider with the Church Online Platform. Here is how to set it up:
Set up Your Stream
- Log into your YouTube account
- Click the +Video icon and select "Go Live"
- On the left, select Stream, Webcam, or Manage - depending on your set up
- Once you have your webcam or live stream set up - you will click the share icon (in the top right corner)
- Click on the video link to go to the video page. Once there, right click your video and click "Copy Embed Code."
Embed into Church Online Platform
- Log into your Church Online Platform account admin
- Go to your service>edit content
- Scroll down to the "Video" section
- Select "Embed Code" and paste the YouTube <iframe> code in the field
- Click "Save"
If your video is going auto-full screen on your mobile device, you can add"playsinline=1" at the end of your YouTube URL. Example: <iframe width="1280" height="720" src="YOUTUBE URL?playsinline=1"
Create a Permanent Embed Code
If you only have one stream in your account, we recommend using a permanent URL, so link does not change if you need to recreate the stream. This allows you to use an embed code that is always the same for your YouTube live stream.
- Get the Channel ID , Verify you are not getting the User ID!
- Change the code to use the Channel ID (12345 in this example)
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/live_stream?channel=12345" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Simulated Live with YouTube
You can utilize a pre-produced video that has been uploaded to YouTube within a service to provide a simulated live service. Note: Make sure your video is not set to private.
- Go to the video you have uploaded to YouTube.
- Select the "Share" icon under the video player.
- Click on "Copy" to copy the URL.
- Log into the admin of your Church Online Platform account
- Click on "Service"
- Create a new service and/or click on "Add content" or "Edit Content" (If you are editing a service).
- Scroll down to the video section
- Select "URL" from the options provided
- Paste the YouTube URL
- If you want the video to start before the service (in the case of having pre-service content included in your video), enter how many minutes before you want it to start.
- Click "Save"
If you receive an error message that says "embedding disabled on request" when embedding your YouTube video, you may have accidentally disabled embedding on YouTube.
To allow embedding, follow these steps from your YouTube account.
- Go to "Video Manager."
- Select the correct video and click "Edit."
- Under the video, click "Advanced Settings."
- Under "Distribution Options," click the check mark in the "Allow Embedding" box.
- Save the changes.