Setting Up Facebook Login
Facebook login allows your attenders to log in to your Church Online Platform account with their Facebook credentials and creates a user account within the Church Online Platform. This is a two-step process within Facebook and the Church Online Platform.
Setting up the Facebook App
- Go to: developers.facebook.com and create an account, if needed
- Click on on "My Apps"
- Click "Add a New App"
- Click "For Everything Else"
- App Display Name: You can use your church name
- App Contact Email: Use your email
- Business Manager: Select one if necessary
- Click "Create App ID"
- Click "Something Else"
- Fill out the name of your app. Example: Church Online Login
- Click "Set Up" under Facebook Login
- Go to the side menu: Products>Facebook Login> Click on "Settings"
- Within "Valid OAuth Redirect URLs" put your Church Online Platform URL and Custom Domain (if you are using one) and add "/auth/facebook/callback"
Custom domain example: https://live.churchname.com/auth/facebook/callback
- Click "Save Changes"
- Go to the side menu, click on: Settings>Basic
- Copy the App ID and App Secret and keep the Facebook developer tools page open.
Setting up the Facebook Login within the Church Online Platform
- Go to your Church Online Platform account and log in to the admin
- Go to: Admin > Integrations > Facebook
- Copy and paste the Facebook App ID and App Secret into the correct fields
- Click "Save"
Turn on the Facebook Application
- Once you have it set up in the Church Online Platform, go back into the Facebook developer tools and click the toggles next to "Live" to turn it on.